Between Rev. Laura’s inspiring sermon on MLK Day weekend, marching behind the “Standing on the Side of Love” banner at the MLK March, engaging with FUUF friends at the first UU Pathways session on “Being a Welcoming a Congregation,” and meeting as parents and mentors to children to discuss the topic of “Talking with Kids about Race,” we at FUUF certainly had many opportunities to live lives of INTEGRITY in January. As we transition to the monthly theme of FAITH in February, we look forward to worship services led by Rev. Laura Bogle this month, with an especially engaging Valentine’s Day service planned for Feb. 14. In addition to worship services, there are a number of opportunities for faith development and service/leadership this month.
- 10:00 am – Love Cooks -- You are invited to join us for some kitchen fellowship. We will be preparing and freezing a recipe in bulk for members of our congregation experiencing times of need. Just bring yourself! If you have questions or need more information, please contact Christine Frye (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sherry Brewer ( or 804.1319). All are welcome!
- 10:00 am – 4th Sunday Discussion Group (facilitated by Bill Grant) – Postponed from cancellation due to snow on Jan. 24! Back by popular demand after a holiday season hiatus, the 4th Sunday discussion group, facilitated by Bill Grant, promises to bring lively conversation and fellowship to all who attend! All are welcome!
- 10:00 am – WORSHIP: Rev. Laura Bogle A People of Faith: Six Words or Less
As a non-creedal faith Unitarian Universalism doesn’t ask us to sign on to a particular statement of faith. And yet, aren’t we a people of faith? Don’t we believe in something? Can’t we answer the question that Buddhist teacher Sharon Salzburg asks, “What are the deepest truths on which we can rely?” If you had to boil down the truth on which you rely to only six words, what would you say?
- 11:00 am – Potluck -- Bring a crock pot of your favorite soup or plate of your favorite sandwiches. We also need fixings and sides for both. Don't forget those yummy sweets! Bring a take home bowl for any leftovers for the game later that day and you will be set. Let's make it a WIN for our hosting team- Cathy & Cindy Bryerose.
- 10:00 am – WORSHIP: Special Valentine’s Day Service (Rev. Laura Bogle) Share the Love, Share Our Faith! Join Rev. Laura and members of the congregation for a special interactive and fun Valentine’s Day service, with a few surprises! As we say each Sunday “Love is the Spirit of this Fellowship.” As we share our Love within and beyond our congregation, we share our Faith.
- 11:20-12:30 – UU PATHWAYS: The Spirituality of Generosity (facilitated by Rev. Laura Bogle) – Join us for this new faith development offering where we will learn and discuss UU values and principles in community. All are welcome in the UU Pathways group, which will meet on 2nd Sundays through May. Please contact Crystal Colter at email@example.com at least one week ahead of each session if you need childcare to be able to participate.
- 10:00 am – WORSHIP: Rev. Laura Bogle Keeping the Faith When things aren’t going your way how do you keep your faith? In yourself? In others? What does it look like to keep faith with one another?
- 11:00 am – Teen Meeting – Teens will meet with Ash McDaniel to talk about the monthly worship theme and assorted other fabulous topics, as always.
- 11:20-12:30 – UU PARENTING GROUP: Talking with Kids about Money (facilitated by Rev. Laura Bogle) – Join us for this new faith development opportunity where we will share and reflect on what it means to be a parent in the context of UU principles and values. Laura will share some resources, and we will draw upon our own wisdom from experience. The UU Parenting Group will meet on 3rd Sundays through May and is open to parents of kids of all ages as well as those who aren't parents but may be playing important mentoring roles to children. Please contact Crystal Colter at firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week ahead of each session if you need childcare to be able to participate.
- 10:00 am – 4th Sunday Discussion Group (facilitated by Bill Grant) – If lively conversation and fellowship with FUUF friends sounds good to you, then this may be just the thing for you on a 4th Sunday! All are welcome!